Wednesday 25 February 2009

have you got a card?

I want new business cards.

I have a weird thing about stationery - I like writing and I like beautiful things. As far as I'm concerned business cards are all part of the stationery kit, and I love it when people get really creative with their cards. One of the best business cards I've ever been given was by a crazy set designer. He'd taken Indian rupees and had a stamp custom made with his name, number and email which he randomly stamped all over the note. I was at a NYE party when he gave it to me and I thought he was giving me funny money - it wasn't until a few days later that I realised it was his business card. Brilliant, clever, and recycled. I like the idea of made cards more than designed cards - another great idea I've seen is the write over, where you collect a bunch of random cards from cafes, shops, wherever and then cross out the old details and fill in your own information. Lots of ideas, but I'm not sure what I want to do.

I found a few cool cards online:

No comments: